Curcuma longa (Turmeric ) ෴ කහ
Turmeric is a common spice that comes from the root of Curcuma longa. It contains a chemical called curcumin, which might reduce swelling. Turmeric has a warm, bitter taste and is frequently used to flavor or color curry powders, mustards, butters, and cheeses. Because curcumin and other chemicals in turmeric might decrease swelling, it is often used to treat conditions that involve pain and inflammation. People commonly use turmeric for osteoarthritis. It is also used for hay fever, depression, high cholesterol, a type of liver disease, and itching, but there is no good scientific evidence to support most of these uses.
Don't confuse turmeric with Javanese turmeric root or tree turmeric. Also, don't confuse it with zedoary or goldenseal, which are unrelated plants that are sometimes called turmeric.
Health benefits from Turmeric:
- Prevents cancer: Turmeric has recently been found to inhibit the growth and spread of cancer cells.
- Controls arthritis: There are several types of arthritis. This is a common occurrence in many countries today. There is no cure yet for this disease. Current Western medicine can only temporarily reduce pain and prevent joint damage. But because of the potency of turmeric, it has the ability to control arthritis.
- Controls diabetes: Turmeric can control the level of diabetes in humans. It suppresses insulin in the body and also controls glucose levels.
- Lowers cholesterol levels: There are a lot of people around the world today who have cholesterol. Research has shown that adding turmeric to our daily diet as a spice can help control cholesterol levels.
- Stimulates the immune system: Turmeric contains lipopolysaccharide. This strengthens the body's immune system. Here jaundice acts as an antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral agent.
- Heals wounds: Turmeric works as a natural bactericide. It is a home remedy for skin rashes and cuts. All you have to do is apply a little bit of turmeric on the affected area.
- Controls body weight: Are you obese too? Do you regret being overweight? turmeric helps you lose weight. All you have to do is add a teaspoon of turmeric to your daily diet.
Lakpura Turmeric Powder (100g)Regular price $5.00 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Lakpura Turmeric Powder (50g)Regular price $1.31 USDRegular priceUnit price per
$1.56 USDSale price $1.31 USDSale
Nandana Turmeric Powder (30g)Regular price $1.09 USDRegular priceUnit price per
$1.30 USDSale price $1.09 USDSale
Spa Ceylon True Turmeric Vitamin C Glow Renewing Treatment Serum (30ml)Regular price $17.29 USDRegular priceUnit price per
$20.53 USDSale price $17.29 USDSale
【Text by Lakpura™. Images by Google, copyright(s) reserved by original authors.】