Holiday in Sri Lanka
Our paradise island which is a treasure trove bursting with diversity is ideal for the traveller seeking serenity and excitement at the same time. Widely known world over for its beautiful and endless beaches, historic references and natural wonders, Sri Lankan hospitality and cultural diversity is a whole new experience altogether.
From golden to white sandy beaches, rocky headlands, coves and natural harbours, the country is overflowing with many rivers, lakes, and man made reservoirs which flourish the entire nation. A dive in the deep sea exploring the hidden corals, to enjoying a boat ride to witness the magnificent sea mammals and get your adrenalin pumping with some high-energy water sports, we have it all. Lazing around under the sun with the swaying coconut palms rustling over your head and enjoying some king coconut water to quench your thirst will be a memorable experience.
Culture and heritage plays an integral role in Sri Lanka’s tourism and it is recommended that you visit at least a couple of historical sites. From stone fortresses and forts to regal temples with intricately designed and carved paintings and stone monuments, many ruins of ancient and sacred cities as well as colonial remnants are packed in our little island for you to witness and explore.
Our island has many hidden gems within the central highlands and surrounding lowlands with natural and protected parks and wildlife sanctuaries, rainforests, hills covered with tea plantation and of course the breathtaking waterfalls, fern and fauna. A nature lovers paradise, there are many hiking trails, long walks, safaris, and even hot air balloon rides available to breathe in the beauty of our land.
With many travel options available, we always suggest that you enjoy guided tours so that you can explore the unknown and experience the local flavours and have a perspective from a Sri Lankan point of view.
Come experience a Sri Lankan Holiday with Lakpura;
- Spot leopards at the Yala National Park which boasts of the highest leopard concentration in the world
- Discover hidden beaches or enjoy the surf at Arugam Bay which is a world renowned surfing destination
- Climb a rock fortress which is considered wonder and explore many well known heritage sites
- Get up-close with the magnificent elephants at Udawalawe or Minneriya and enjoy long and satisfying safari rides in the dense jungles and plains
- Visit a tea estate and experience the true flavours of Ceylon Tea
- Enjoy boat rides in the azure waters surrounding the island and witness whales and dolphins
- Explore ancient cities once ruled by kings and flourished with world class engineering. Ruins, temples and stone monuments are still well preserved
- Explore the colonial treasures found in Colombo, Galle and Kandy
- Purchase beautiful hand crafts as memorabilia or even a expensive gem stone perfect for your jewellery collection
- Take a sweet, tangy, spicy journey by tasting the local food